- Individuals cannot nominate their selves.
- Individuals seeking to submit a nomination must be a “member in good standing" (dues paying member) with the AFA's Alumni Assn or an AFA Member League.
- Only one nomination per alumni member is allowed.
- Players are eligible only upon retirement as an active player after 5 years.
- To eliminate confusion with other Hall of Fame organizations (e.g. Pro Football HoF, etc.), current membership in another hall of fame will reduce chances of selection to the AFA’s Hall of Fame.
Those profiles meeting the criteria for consideration will be forwarded to the nominating committee. From there, the nominating committee will send their suggestions to the Hall of Fame selection committee who will in turn name those who will be enshrined as the next hall of fame class.